TOGGLE SWITCH & COVER,12V, ILLUMINATED (BLUE)
- Switch Actuation Style: Rocker
- Insulation R: 500V DC 100M min
- Dielectric Strength: 1 Minute 1500V AC
- Operating Temperature: -25°C~+85°C
- Electrical Life: 10,000 Cycles
Product Dimensions: 66.0mm x 50.0mm x 18.0mm / 2.6" x 2.0" x 0.7"
Product Weight: 36.2g / 1.3oz
Fire up your engines because these are the hot-rods of toggle switches! Equipped with an aerodynamic blue protective casing, and a diffused blue LED at the tip of the switch, this Blue LED Toggle Switch is sure to add some flair (and flare!) to your project.
Often seen on control panels, now you can mimic a racing car, fighter jet, submarine status panel, factory controls, or anything really. They will control virtually any accessory you can throw at them, with a rated voltage of 12V max, the LED lights up at 3V so you can use it with lower voltages too. They say "20 A" on the side but we recommend 1-2A max.
Since there's an LED inside, but only 3 pins, they're a little different to wire than most toggle switches.
- The anode (positive side) of the LED is connected through a resistor to the pin with a 'headlamp' (=D) symbol on it
- The cathode (negative side) of the LED is connected to the pin with the ground symbol, which is the pin that is sticking out the side of the switch.
- The switch connects and disconnects the (+) pin and the 'headlamp' pin
That means you have a few options for wiring:
- If you want to use the switch to turn on/off something, you can use the toggle to connect and disconnect the two pins on the bottom
- If you want the LED to always be on, provide 3-12V between the ground and headlamp pin
- If you want the LED to be on only when the switch is connected, provide 3-12V on the (+) pin and connect ground to the ground pin.
The protective cover will automatically turn the switch off when flipped closed, but you can simply remove it if it isn't desired.
Description: This simple on-off switch is rated for 20A at 12V but who cares about all that, it looks way awesome. These toggle switches come with those missile switch covers that make your project look like something out of a spy movie. They’re also a great safety feature to ensure that you don’t accidentally fire the missiles (or whatever it is your switch does). As if you needed any more convincing, they’re also illuminated with a small LED in the end of the switch. These can be panel mounted into a 12mm hole.
Check the related items below for more color options!
Note: The LED can be illuminated with as low as 3.3V.
- Rated for 12V 20A
- Includes Missile Switch Cover
Product ID: 349
Product ID: 3182
Product ID: 3410
Product ID: 331
Product ID: 3324
Product ID: 32341
Product ID: 32267
Product ID: 32632
Product ID: 3250
Product ID: 33236