Get up and running, experimenting, and making fun projects with Arduino and Raspberry Pi boards as quickly as possible. Students and beginning Makers will find this book clearly explains the differences between the Arduino and Raspberry Pi, when to use them, and which purposes best suit each platform. You'll learn to control LEDs, motors of various types, solenoids, AC devices, heaters, coolers, displays, and sound — as well as commanding these devices over the Internet. Beginning with the basics and moving easily into more challenging projects, this book takes you step-by-step through experiments and projects that show you how to make your Arduino or Raspberry Pi create and control movement, light, and sound. In other words: Action!
- Build a can crusher using a linear actuator with your Arduino
- Have an Arduino water your plants
- Build a personal traffic signal using LEDs
- Make a Random Balloon Popper with Arduino
- Cool down your beverages with a Thermostatic Drinks Cooler you build yourself
- Understand and use the PID control algorithm
- Use Raspberry Pi to create your own puppet dance party — and make it move to your Tweets!
Meet the Author
Dr. Simon Monk has a degree in Cybernetics and Computer Science and a PhD in Software Engineering. Simon spent several years as an academic before he returned to industry, co-founding the mobile software company Momote Ltd. He has been an active electronics hobbyist since his early teens. Simon is a full-time author and his books include 'Getting Started with the Photon,' 'Getting Started with IOIO,' '30 Arduino Projects for the Evil Genius,' '15 Dangerously Mad Projects for the Evil Genius,' and 'Arduino + Android Projects for the Evil Genius.'
Product ID: 15716
Product ID: 16076
Product ID: 16073
Product ID: 15709
Product ID: 16079
Product ID: 16071
Product ID: 15707
Product ID: 16070
Product ID: 15714
Product ID: 16072